Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Summer 2000

My first trip to Amsterdam was a whirlwind one. A total of 1 1/2 days. World Cup fever was at its pitch and I *think* Holland beat Italy when I was there. All I remember was a sea of orange. I visited the Anne Frank House and my morbid self was fascinated. I saw tulips, diamonds and canals. The goody two shoes that I was then did not indulge in any of da 'erbs...

November 2004





I went with a mad bunch of drinkers and substance abusers this time round. Thankfully I'd seen a lot of the sights on my first trip because everyone was only interested in partying. The Escape Club, after parties, after-after parties. Dutch people don't queue, they push their way to the front systematically. We did check out the Heineken Brewery (free drinks was the incentive for Richard and Rob) and I managed to drag everyone to the Anne Frank House on the last day (Richard and Rob decided to wait for us at a nearby Irish pub). Speaking of Irish pubs, we had breakfact every day at the Irish pub near our hotel. Aarrghhh! It was a mad and thoroughly enjoyable, if not tiring, trip. My liver has just about recovered.

A few more pictures can be seen on My Flickr Photo Album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home