Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Paris, France

UPDATE: 13 May 2006



Paris is one of those cities I can keep going back to over and over again. And of course, that's what me and Matt did almost a day to the year when we went last year. On a day trip. Not to celebrate any anniversary type thing, don't be silly. We were, sadly, on the Da Vinci Code trail. Well Matt was. And when I say Da Vinci Code trail we didn't exactly do each and every location, just the easiest one to get to i.e. the Louvre. I'd been there a few years before (see below) but of course it is different going to after the DVC phenomenon. And it seemed everyone else had the same idea. We then had to hunt for a pub showing the FA Cup Final and after trekking around for abit and collecting other football fans along the way, we found an Irish pub (what a surprise) in the red light district Pigalle Place in Montmartre, home to the Moulin Rouge. I walked around during the match (save for the extra time and penalty shoot-out) but I didn't really need any sex toys so I ended up buying the sweetest, freshest strawberries at a market stall. Which can translate into something sexual I suppose.

Before catching the Eurostar back to London, we had dinner in the area and I had this gorgeous tagine meal. We then bid Paris au revoir till the next time.

June 2005







The long-awaited return to Paris. Celine was an angel, showed us around and brought us to the Rex club where they played cool electro music. I threw a drunken wobbly later in the night but we all had fun regardless! Went to the Eiffel Tower again because Suchen wanted some arty shots. Matt and I skipped Euro Disney and opted for the Palace of Versailles. Majestic and grand but I think it was all about size size size. Matt pissed off a guard who asked him "Do you have a small mind?". Celebrated Matt's 30th in style - Thai meal and then the ever-famous Buddha Bar. Once again, Matt pissed off a member of staff when he tried on one of their t-shirts in the gift shop. We tried Celine's snails and Matt developed a French accent. Suchen signed all of his credit card statements as "Mickey Mouse" and Matt followed suit as "Minnie Mouse". More pictures cen be viewed on My Flickr Photo Album and on Suchen's Website

Summer 2000

Blown away by how beautiful Paris was. Visited Jim Morrison's and Oscar Wilde's graves. Checked out the Mona Lisa in the Louvre (looked exactly as I expected). Went to the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, saw a cabaret performance and to my recollection, I did not encounter any rude Parisians. I was just your average tourist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home