Sunday, July 29, 2007

Brussels, Belgium 28 - 29 July 2007


I really enjoyed Brussels despite hearing mixed reviews about it. I think that if you go to Brussels expecting great food, chocolate and beers, you will not be disappointed! A short weekend is more than enough and whatever you do, don't waste your time going to the Atomium. Yes, it is impressive from the outside but once inside, there's nothing in those damn atoms and you have to queue up for ages to get to the top and even then, the skyline isn't that great.

Brussels is a bit run down, which is a shame because you can tell it is a beautiful city.

Matt and I met up with my friend Clara who was there with her friend Diana on a day trip. A friend of Clara's, Ben, a frenchman living in Brussels, met up with her and was kind enough to show us around and even told me and Matt where to go for proper food away from the tourist track. As you can see, I was delighted with my moules et frites (latter not pictured)....



A few of the must-see sites are:



Manneken Pis (you know that small boy taking a leak...)


The Grand Place

Everard 't Serclaes (the myth is if you feel him up you get good luck)

The European Parliament

Well I had to find out what all the fuss was about whilst enjoying a kriek

Dutch is quite a filthy language

A full set of pictures can be seen on My Flickr Photo Album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home