Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Snowdonia, North Wales 27 - 29 August 2005







Also known as "Lyn Goes to the Country". Yes I went back to basics and went camping in sheep country. I must say that apart from the toilets and the horrible storm on the last night, it wasn't at all bad. Mind you I wouldn't do it often, maybe once or twice a year, if that. I knew I had to get up to pee in the middle of the night but after the second time on the first night, I answered nature's call a few feet away from the tent and that was the longest pee of my life.

The unspoilt landscape was breathtaking and the air up in the mountain was fresh. I had Welsh lamb on my last night and OH MY GOD. Succulent or what! Can't say much for the North Waleans; they seemed a bit thick and miserable but they were never nasty to us. Everyone one of us fell on our arses at least once during the walk. Matt and Beable spoke in Welsh accents as much as they could. Every other shop in Betws-Y-Coed was an outdoor shop. I felt one with nature and was actually very glad to be far away from the Notting Hill Carnival. It was depressing going back to Cricklewood; en route back I was stopped by 2 random strangers, one asking "Got any change love?" and the other one, a rasta, asking if I had any smokes. I immediately double locked the door when I got back in. More photos of the stunning landscapes can be viewed on My Flickr Photo Album

1 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to lie in the fields

 

Post a Comment

<< Home