Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Around England & Wales

Sheffield - Hilly and can you say steel?
Manchester - If I had to live in another city in England, it would be Manchester.
Leeds - Quite pretty actually. Went to visit Emma when she was working there for a bit. The night out was fun and we took the piss out of the accent.
Newcastle - Noi was studying there so I've been up there about 2 or 3 times. A good student place and the rumours are true - Geordie women wear next to nothing during winter to go clubbing. By 9 p.m. everyone who wants to would have pulled.
Bath - I really liked Bath. Nevermind that my old childhood hero Roland Orzabal's from Bath.
Touching the belly of a Shakespearean character
Stratford-Upon-Avon - Shakespeare's birthplace. Everyone who's been there has a picture of themselves outside his home. Good bed and breakfasts. A good weekend away. Catch a play and eat at a countryside pub if possible.

TW & I at the Millenium Stadium

Cardiff - October 2001 - Saw the Millenium Stadium. Ate at a Bella Pasta. Didn't do much else. Well I was with my parents

Birmingham - No no no no no. Horrible place. But in all fairness when Emma and Richard were living there they brought me to some nice parts.

Dover - Ok I didn't actually specifically visit Dover - you have to get there to get the ferry to France. The White Cliffs are nice.

Snowdonia - See here

To be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home